- Slimline – only 33mm high
- Bright, clear display / simple user interface
- Unique ‘Push Step’ for faster tuning
- Dual Watch – monitor two frequencies at the same time
- ETSO and TSO approved
- Stereo music / two place intercom
- ‘Say Again’ feature – allows playback of last transmission
- Emergency button
- Configurable airfield database – holds over 200 frequencies
- USB port on facia – upload frequency database (CSV file)
- Highly efficient – no cooling fans or external cooling required
- Ideal retro-fit for legacy radios – same height as an SL40
- Unbeatable quality – designed and manufactured in the U.K.
- Two year worldwide warranty
EASY TO USE
The stack radio display is clear and bright, showing both primary and secondary frequencies along with ICAO or custom set airfield identifiers. A ‘Push Step’ knob allows the fastest change from 8.33 kHz to 25 kHz (TY96/TY97) or 25 kHz to 50 kHz (TY96A/TY97A)- so you can tune the radio quickly without compromising your look-out.
The Dual Watch feature allows two frequencies to be monitored at the same time – it’s like having two radios in one.
The user configurable database, allows over 200 frequencies and identifiers to be downloaded to the radio from a CSV file – using the USB stick (provided). There are no subscription fees and this provides a highly flexible way to customise the radio for every flight by every pilot – perfect for fleet or club aircraft. Create your database here.
The radio has a ‘Say Again’ feature. A single button press replays the last radio transmission. This feature is ideal for student pilots, but every pilot can get distracted, so it avoids the embarrassment of asking air traffic to repeat a message. A one touch Emergency Button automatically sets 121.5 MHz, along with volume levels. This ensures a successful transmission in what can be a stressful situation.
Each radio has a built in two place intercom with auxiliary inputs for stereo music and audio warnings. Each radio can also integrate with a GPS navigator (SL40 and GTR225 protocol) to automatically display frequencies as they are required along the flight route. Finally, an airfield database can be loaded via the handy USB port. This database can contain over 200 of your preferred frequencies and identifiers.
The radio’s low profile design requires no external cooling fans. The radios compact size and features make it a great choice for both forward and retro-fit installations. Each radio is designed to easily integrate with legacy radios, these include popular KY 196A, KY 197A and SL 40 models.